More and more people are coming to realize that a neti pot is an amazing device that can clear the nose and solve their sinus problems. Millions of Americans are well aware of how miserable clogged nasal passages and facial pain feels like. In order to find relief from this constant problem, most nasal sufferers turn to Halotherapy (Saline solution inhalations), Speleotherapy (micro-climate treatment) and nasal saline irrigation, three modern types of therapies that use the power of salt to clear nasal passages.
The Neti Pot Method
The Neti Pot method is one of the most popular nasal irrigation therapies available today. This method involves using a ceramic pot which contains baking soda water, warm salt or Himalayan salt mixed with water. Neti Pots are extremely effective at treating colds, sinus congestions and allergic reactions.
A Short History of Neti Pots
The interest in Neti Pots spiked after Dr. Oz promoted them in one of his shows. However, the Neti pot has its roots back in ancient India, where it was used by almost every yoga practitioner in the country two thousand years ago. According to Warren Johnson, the author of the well-famed book called “The Neti Pot for Better Health”, the third eye or the sixth chakra resonates with clear vision and clear thinking. Warren states that Neti pots can balance the sixth chakra, leading to an increased extrasensory perception and clairvoyance.
While Neti Pots were mainly used for spiritual awakening in the past, today they are used by westerners to balance mood and help people get rid of colds, congestions, sniffles and allergy symptoms.
Does Neti Pots Really Work?
Throat, nose and ear surgeons recommend the Neti pot as one of the most effective nasal irrigation methods. Many people with various sinus problems, from environmental irritants to allergies, claimed that this ancient device alleviate facial pain, pressure and congestion. Best of all, their claims are backed up by modern researchers, who have discovered the true effectiveness of nasal irrigation to relieve sinus congestion.
The Neti pot is a very simple mechanism that works by thinning mucus and flushing it out of the nasal passages. However, a more in-depth explanation of the Neti pot proves that the saline solution inside the pot improve the coordination and increase the speed of the cilia, the hair follicles inside the sinus cavity which are responsible for removing irritants and allergens.
Benefits of Using a Neti Pot
For starters, Neti pots can be effectively used to treat all sinus congestion problems, allergies and colds. Here are some other amazing benefits of this salt inhaler.
- Very Easy to Use: these devices are extremely easy to use by anyone, being available online, in pharmacies and retail stores. A plastic or ceramic pot costs around $10 a piece, while more expensive aluminum pots can be purchased at around $50 online. In order to use the Neti pot you do not need to buy additional tools or utensils. Rinsing with this groundbreaking device can be performed anywhere, at any time during the day.
- Extremely Effective: shamans and yogins have been used Neti pots for thousands of years. Today, these devices are still used in eastern cultures to treat throat, ear, visual and chronic problems. Moreover, they are used in spiritual awakening purposes. In the western world, Neti pots are used to treat and prevent deviated septum, sensitive gag reflex, plugged nasal passageways and other respiratory issues. Regular rinsing has been proven extremely effective against colds and stuffed sinuses.
- The nasal wash should be performed several times a day, especially by those with a tendency to develop sinusitis. This procedure replaces antibiotics and helps you get rid of colds, sinus congestion and allergies naturally.
- Natural: Neti pot is a natural method, a healthy and effective alternative to over-the-counter chemicals that are storming the market at the moment. More and more people are turning to this natural solution to avoid irritation and side effects from standard medications.
How to Easily Use Neti Pots
Even thought there aren’t any official guidelines on how to use this device, you should typically mix 12 ounces of lukewarm water with one teaspoon of salt. You may also add 1 teaspoon of baking soda in order to make the solution gentler to the nose. Make sure to use sterile, distilled or boiled water in order to make the most out of this solution.
Once you have filled the pot, tilt your head over it at an angle of 45 degrees. Next, take the spout and place it into your nostril and gently pour the solution in. The fluid will flow through your cavity gently and will cleanse it. In case it runs into your throat, make sure to spit it out before inhaling some more. To get rid of any remaining solution, simply blow your nose. The whole process should not take more than a few minutes.
Types of Salts you Can Use with the Neti Pot
To properly use a Neti pot, you need to carefully choose the salt to use. You can use one of the following:
- Fine sea salt
- Macrobiotic salt
- Kosher salt
- Himalayan salt
To property use this salt inhaler, it is recommended to stay away from using salts with additives, such as vegetable, rock and table salt. All of these types of salt contain aluminum, silicone and/or iodine, which have been found to irritate the passageways. These types of salt, stripped of minerals and bleached, are extremely ineffective. On the other hand, Himalayan salt is one of the best choices you can make when using Neti pots.
In addition to having a whooping 84 minerals, Himalayan salt offers a unique ionic energy that is released the moment it is mixed with sterile or distilled water. Some of the benefits of this potent salt include:
- Helps you lose weight
- Balances your hormonal levels
- Detoxifies your body
- Improves air quality
When mixed with water, Himalayan salt becomes the most effective saline solution in a Neti pot. A Himalayan Salt Inhaler is definitely a must-have appliance for people who want to reduce asthma, reduce seasonal allergies, improve skin condition, improve respiratory problems and remove chest congestion.
Do you have any questions regarding the Neti pot, its uses and amazing benefits?
Please visit our FAQ page. There you will find all the ins and out about this product.